Thursday, May 7, 2009

Front Wall is on!! Chicken ladder built!


John came home from work while I was at soccer with the kiddos, and started cutting. He finished up just about the time we pulled in the driveway. So, with a thunderstorm quickly approaching John and I got the front wall up tonight.

During the day today I caulked a few gaps, and built the chicken ladder...for safe entry and exit for the chickens, from the coop to the run. Then I painted over the dry caulk.

We are so close to the inside being done, we can hardly contain our excitement. Yes, I know...we are amused by the strangest things.

6 comments:

  1. Jess what a feeling of accomplishment you both must have. You both did a wonderful job. I would be excited too.

    The chair on the porch is that for you to sit with your rifle in case preditors come licking thier lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the strangest things- the SIMPLEST things!!! Thats good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why wouldn't you be excited?? I am excited for you!! What a great little house for your girls. Can't wait to see them living the high life in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you imagine building your own house?!! I'd be committing murder and mayhem in short order......LOL The coop is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great ! such a professional job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all so much...yes....this has been a fun project, and we are learning so much...my goodness....I don't think John and I will build our own house.

    ReplyDelete