Monday, May 11, 2009

A Window With a Screen, Roosts on Hinges, and Strike Plates Installed

Keeping myself busy with coopy loveliness, the littlies and I managed to get a few things accomplished. I found a few more places where the caulk had not been painted...took care of that. I think those unpainted spaces breed when I am not looking.

Could not find the roll of welded wire anywhere that I looked(not in basement, not in garage, not in barn, not in wood shop area, not in shed...where could it be?????), so...chicken wire was available and used for window screen as well as a layer of aluminum mesh. I guess chicken wire really is neccessary to give it that coop kind o' feel! Keep the birdies in, the sweet woodland critters gone urban pests out. Then I framed it out inside. Need to remove and paint those tomorrow.

Gia and I built and painted the roosts. When they were dry, Anthony and I installed them on hinges, so they can be lifted up and raised out of the way when clean out is happening. To accommodate the hinges, we installed a small bit of 2'x4' over the stud brace thing so both sides were even. Ugh...that made no sense, sorry, thinking I cannot describe it so well at the moment. (why is this underlined?...weird)


Then I used the chisel & knocked out the places where the door latches in the jamb...and installed the strike plates. All in a days work! whoo hooo...still not done, but jeez we are almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment