Thursday, May 14, 2009

Final Finishing Interior Details





Painted the cabinet doors to the "attic" today. Then I put hook and eyes on the bottom and some sort of hasp closer thingo in the middle where the 2 sides come together.

Removed the vent to prime and paint the rear gable interior, primed, painted, caulked a small gap, then had John re-install vent.

Hung small chains with "S" hooks at the ends to hold up the roosts when I want to clean under them. Then I put a screw on the wall to hook the chains to when they are not in use.

Two big ceiling hooks were hung with chains and big "S" hooks at the ends to hold the waterer and feeder. With great joy, the children filled them.

While I finished the painting and caulking of one last spot, John cut the frame for the north window interior. I quickly primed and painted those...installed them wet. Then I used my bit of recycled rubber packaging and hammered up my doorstop. The paint was pretty wet and slippery, so it is a little crooked.

Just for fun, I found an iron door mat grate, so this welcomes you at the front door.

Now, I think we are ready for the birdies to move in. YAY!!!!!!

1 comment: