Saturday, May 9, 2009

Windows and Door!


Windows and the human door were on the menu Saturday. We accomplished both. The front door was hung. We had to shave about and inch off the top...probably about 3/8" too much. Oh well. A little trim in the door jamb and all will be well. The windows were a little smaller than the opening we allowed. Funny when you measure things and measure some more, then it is not always right in the end...no biggee...we just put in a small board and voila. We used left over drip edge as the window sills...so cute. I cannot find our razor blade knife to clean up the windows as I so generously painted all over the glass edges(i know you can see the screen in this window, but I took the pic later as I realized I did not take one before). We turned the dead bolt around so you can use the turny lock part(that is an industry term I am sure) from the outside..it is the lock that came on the door, so we don't have the key. If we decide later we need a dead bolt that really works with a key, we can do that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment